Friday, February 10, 2012

New Scarf

My wonderful Mother-In-Law and Sister-In-Law bought me my first sewing machine for Christmas this last year and I have been itching to try it out!  Well with the holidays and the craziness in our lives lately I haven't had time to play with it much except a class that I took at JoAnn Fabrics.  It has been years since I actually have used a sewing machine.  When I was a kid my great grandma and I would make barbie clothes and quilts, so very small projects, yet so unforgettable.  Now that I have been out of school for a couple of years and getting settled into "life" I have been getting more into my creative side that has been on hold for a long time!  So for my first little sewing inspiration I started small.... very small.  But it turned out great!  I am so excited and totally wearing my new scarf today.  I went to Hancock Fabrics and bought some scrap fabrics and stumbled across this adorable gray and ivory stripe fabric and thought it would be a cute scarf.  I like the scarfs that are continuous and don't have any loose ends.  So basically I cut the scarf to a good length, pinned the edges where I wanted and sewed the ends together.  Seems pretty simple and easy right?..... well to keep the stripes lined up is actually harder then it looks!  This fabric is also stretchy which makes it difficult to sew in a straight line, but I think it turned out great and I am definitely making more of these!  Thanks to my wonderful Fam that got me the sewing machine, now off to the next project......






No comments:

Post a Comment